Hi! I'm Michael Levan. A tech enthusiast and engineer at heart. I'm the founder and Chief Engineer at CloudDev.Engineering LLC. I am also an Azure and DevOps Trainer at CBT Nuggets!
This website and blog are all about how I can help you learn DevOps, Cloud Engineering, and offer consulting services in those spaces. My goal to help everyone is to do 50% training (blogs, videos, video courses, etc.) and 50% consulting.
I typically post on this blog weekly ranging from all types of technical topics in the cloud and DevOps space. You can also see me on other platforms as well. I do a ton of courses on TechSnips, Cloudskills.io, Pluralsight, TechTarget, and Adam Bertram (AdamTheAutomator). I made sure to create a Developer Portfolio on my home page where you can find all of these engagements.
If you're interested in getting notifications when I post, feel free to press the subscribe button on my home page. It'll give you a pop-up that asks you to type in your email address. After that you'll get an email to confirm that you want notifications from me and then you'll be all set :).
If you're new to my blog or want to take a look at my top posts, see below!
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Monitoring for Serverless in Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Setting up Self-Hosted Build Agents in Azure DevOps
- Using Azure DevOps and Terraform to Deploy Infrastructure
- Dockerize your .NET Core Webapp and Deploy with Azure DevOps
- Creating Kubernetes Resources with Terraform
- Running PowerShell Code with Ansible on a Windows Host
- How to Scale Infrastructure with Terraform
- Python3 and Azure
- Azure DevOps REST API with Python3
- How to Deploy a Python API to Azure App Services with GitHub Actions
Containerization and Orchestration
- Running PowerShell Commands in a Dockerfile
- Running Octopus Deploy Inside of a Docker Container
- Create a Jenkins Docker container
- Why I Quit Six-Figure Jobs to Start My Own Tech Business
- Are You an Azure Developer?
- No More Cloud Wars - They All Work!
I started out my career like most do in IT with a traditional infrastructure background, helpdesk/desktop support. After I dove deep and realized the different ways to automate my job, I quickly realized the next step to my career, DevOps and Cloud Engineering. This next step wasn't easy. I stayed up late, woke up at 4:00AM to study and further myself, all with a newborn at home, so I was barely sleeping as is :).
After working as a Sysadmin on Hyper-V, ESXi, Azure, Powershell, and all-around Windows Infrastructure, I wanted to take the next step in my career and see the "other side". This led me to do a complete 180 and move into technologies like Linux, Python, and AWS. After not knowing much about this space, I buckled down, studied more, and quickly became a Subject Matter Expert.
After working with Linux, AWS, Python, Ansible, Containerization (Docker), Orchestration (Kubernetes), and Web Applications, I started to see a HUGE shift in the Microsoft ecosystem. It wasn't about Windows and desktops anymore. It was about open source, Linux, containerization, and working as a community. I took this as another opportunity to do yet another 180 and come full-circle back to the Microsoft space to focus my efforts on practicing DevOps on the other side of the realm (again).
Now I'm utterly fascinated with DevOps and Cloud Engineering. I simply can't get enough of all of the cool, new, and exciting technology that's out there. It's truly a beautiful time to be in technology.